Thursday, May 1, 2008

H3 5000K (auto otaku)

On the way home the other day, I had a yellow Mazda pull up next to me at the stoplight. I saw in my peripheral vision that it was lowered with some wheels. I automatically thought it was some punk that wanted to instigate a stop light race. I saw the window roll down ...and he continued to honk his horn. At this point, in my head I was thinking this guy is either going to want to race, or ask for directions. I turned and saw it was an older asian man. I rolled my window down and was expecting a question for directions.

"...hey, nice wheels"

I was caught wayyyyy off guard. The guy commented on my wheels

"...who makes those?"

"..Work Wheels"

"..oh, Work, must be expensive?"

"..yeah, when they were new"

"...did you buy them used?"

"nah...bought them new"

[Green Light]

"thanks..."

And I had to take off due to the green light. That was a weird yet kinda cool at the same time. I never gotten complimented on my wheels ever since my first custom set back in 2001 when I picked up a brand new set of Rota Circuit 8's (Mugen MF8) replica. (Before the whole Rota craze took off). Sometimes I think I take things too negative sometimes. ..haha.


Also picked up a new toy today:


H3 HID bulbs for my new projectors. Since the H3 halogens are normally for fog lights, the output on the road is not as good as a regular halogen headlight bulb. The HID's should fill in the needed illumination for the setup. I have the HID H4h setup in my JDM Honda EG lights, but the setup has a lot of glare coming from the reflective housing. This new setup should fix the glare problem. I'll probably get bored one day and switch it back for the hell of it ...only b/c I get bored like I do with my wheels :p




No comments: