Monday, June 9, 2008

RECAP 1.5 WEEKS


I cant believe another week has passed so fast. Did an oil change on Sunday. Since my engine is burning a lot of oil, I decided to try some additive to aid in slowing down the burning. It claimed that it would restore the compression and help in oil consumption. I was very skeptic about it, but my good friend told me it really works and has used it before in his previous cars. Well..it works. sorta. After about a week in monitoring, I did notice the car was a little better in throttle response and in power. This could mean the compression has jumped back up to almost normal levels as I do know cylinder 3 is low before. The car felt like it did the first day I swapped the motor over. Oil consumption was slower as the levels weren't depleting as fast as it did before after a week. I will need to keep a close eye the next few days to see how it goes. I did notice the levels did drop slightly. Gas mileage has been okay lately. I think I might pull another 30+ MPG which is very good since average has been about 22-24 MPG lately. We'll have to see. Using Valvoline 10-30 Conventional with WIX Oil Filter and RESTORE additive. Magnetic Drain bolt.... with something on the magnet. :/ Hopefully it is just dirt....but dirt does not magnetize....grrr On another note...another 3 Muggs came in. I like how the packaging has their faces on the top...makes a great wallpaper !!


On Sunday 6/8 was the 4th Annual EK SQUAD meet that we hosted at work. (EK = 96-00 Civic). We hosted the event which was quite successful. Huge turn out with lots of cars. I will post more when I get the pictures uploaded. Here's a teaser....


No comments: