Saturday, August 9, 2008

08.01.08 - 08.09.08 RECAP

08-01 -- Friday night, hung out with the guys for a late dinner out in Berkeley. Soju and beer got in the mix. Went over to Top Dog... greatest hot dogs ever. Highly recommended if in the Berkeley area. Buzzing most of the night...great start for the weekend.

08-02 -- Saturday night, my buddy Jon's birthday. Started with a prime rib dinner at Claim Jumper's. Ended the night in Santa Clara mission accomplished (Jon got fuked up!). Had about 7-9 shots of Soju, a few beers and ended the night with Jon's unfinished line up of shots. (took 1 of 3). Liquid Cocaine. (Bicardi 151, Yager, Goldslauger). Never again will I drink that. Buzzed after the shot... allergic to Bicardi...had to chill.

08-03 -- Sunday afternoon. After a short time resting, headed over to my college friend's Beer and Food pairing. His passion is beer, and he brews it himeself. His other passion is to start his own resturaunt or brewery. Had a 5 course food and beer pairing. Menu as follows:


Great food....and great beer. Will definitely attend his future events. Course 3 was my favorite. Im a fan of the darker beers. Once again...slightly buzzed, but relaxed after the 5th course. Spent time with great company. Great weekend...but I'm sure my liver hated me for it.


Here is also an update on the Otaku side of things. Picked up issue 1 and 2 of the Max Factory Figma line up of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya line.

Yuki Nagato



and Haruhi Suzumiya




Awesome figures. Mikuru Asashina is on pre order and due in at the end of the month. 3 of 5 sOs Brigade will be complete (^_^)

On another note, thanks to my good friends, I got to pick up the Comic Con exclusive Mighty Muggs of Iron Man, Commander Gree and Fertility Idol. They stood in line for me while I was on the way down for Comic Con. The figures sold out on Friday of that week. So far my collection is of:




Am I crazy? I still feel like a kid. :o


.
.
.

No comments: