Sunday, July 20, 2008

SNEAKER COLLECTION

Many have asked why I have spent so much on shoes. It all goes back to around grade school where owning the "baddest" "freshest" shoes made you "cool" Yeah...this was 5th grade. Since we all depended on our parent's wallets for our shoes back then, I was fortunate that my parents bought me shoes that I really wanted for that school year.

I would be allowed one pair of "fresh" shoes per school year. I remember my first pair of shoes I was really proud of was the Air Jordan IV Military Blue. My first pair of shoes that were over $70 at the time. (Remember, $70 was A LOT of money back in 1988-89) I'd wear these shoes everyday everywhere. They were the only pairs I had.

The next school season, I would be allowed another pair, and my old pairs would become "P.E." shoes.

Well...skip almost 18 years later, Nike has reached out to all the sneakerheads and brought back all the popular designs from the 80's and 90's since 2001. And what we wanted back then, can be had now. (for a price of course) The street value, the demand, the limited runs and the exclusiveness makes all these shoes we wanted back then hard and expensive to get once again. But we now have a chance to wear and relive our youths again. Now that this is all coming out of my wallet... I finally get to own some shoes I always wanted....

The NIKE iD's were my design, but the other retro's were something I always wanted again. Here is my current roster:

Nike Dunk Low "Jordan Retro 4" (Black White Granite)


Nike iD Dunk Low "WEKSOS.ONE" (Black White Denim FireEngine Red)


Nike HyperDunk (Black Black Anthracite)


Nike iD Air Max 90 "Type-R" (Black Denim FireEngine Red)


Nike iD Air Max 95 (Black Anthracite Varsity Blue)


Nike iD Air Max 95 (Black Anthracite Army Green)


Nike Air Max 95 Retro 2008 edition (Neon)


Air Jordan IV Retro "Military Blue"


Air Jordan V Retro (Green Bean 3M)




And yes.... I've kept my prized possesion from the 6th grade...OG shoes and tag and all with the original Flight Box... :)




Shoes
Cars
Toys


...why do I get into such expensive hobbies....I don't know.

1 comment:

Damoses said...

peace kid, is this only a hobby for you or do you sell any of your kicks?